Church Lappeen-Maria - a Lutheran church in the center of Lappeenranta in the district of Quessus . It is a parish church of Lappeenranta, which belongs to the consortium of Lappeenranta parishes. The church was consecrated in June 1794.
Church Lappe - the only one of 7-8 churches with double cross (junior dichotomous churches), built by Juhana Salonen from Savitaipala. Lappeen Church is actually a double duplex with two ends.
In 2008, on the night of January 5 to 6, the church was set on fire, which was quickly discovered by fire alarm systems .
The church is one of the nationally significant architectural monuments of Finland, defined by the National Board of Antiquities.
The fortress church of Lappeenranta city burned down by lightning in 1790. After that, it was decided to build a new church away from the city. Construction materials for the church were collected by the number of mantles, in addition to a large number of daytime work was done during the construction of the church. Construction of the church began in April 1792. In December of the same year, the first service was held in the church.
Carpentry work in the church was performed by carpenter Samuel Spore. In 1793 Vyborg artist J. Dahlström painted furniture, at the same time painted the altar and the apostolic images of the galleries. The church was completed and consecrated in the Church of Mary June 21, 1794 the church was consecrated by Judge Emanuel Indreus of Hamina. On the opening day of the church internal works still continued and were completed by the end of 1795.
The church was rebuilt in 1837. In 1881 the church was renovated, the tiled roof was removed and replaced by a metal roof, and the windows and towers were made more suitable for the Gothic style.
In 1929, the church was completely renovated, during which the original appearance of the church was restored. At the same time, a weathervane rooster was installed on the tower of the church.
The bell tower is located on the southwest side of the church and is the only preserved building in the Neo-Gothic style in Lappeenranta. Drawings of the bell tower were made by the chief curator E. B. Lormann in 1852. Construction of the bell tower was completed in 1856.
The first altar of the church painted Y. Dalström. It symbolized the crucifixion of Christ. The altar was given to the Church of Nujamaa in 1906, where the altar was destroyed in 1941 during the war with his churches.
The current altar of the church was painted by Alexandra Frosterus-Salt in 1885. In 1887, appraiser of the Court of Appeal Johan Holmberg and his wife gave a painting of the church. The painting depicts Christ ascending to heaven.
Built in 1794, the church has existed without organ for almost 70 years. After a long and multistage decision-making process and fundraising, the organ arrived at the church in the 1890s. The old organ is a 36-vocal mechanical organ produced at the Kangasala Organ Factory since 1967, and the present organ is a 13-vocal organ since 2014.
The church has nine candle chandeliers of different sizes. The most spectacular of them is the crystal chandelier, purchased in St. Petersburg in 1847 in the center of the church. At that time, its price was 350 rubles silver, and it was known to be the most valuable object of consumption in public places in Lappeena and Lappeenranta.
The closest candlestick to the altar is made of brass and was bought in Kalayoki in 1856.
The rest of the chandeliers in the church, mostly made of white tin, were purchased for the church in 1819. These chandeliers were made by a Jew living in Vyborg, who fell during the installation of the crowns and died.