Frilandsmuseet (English: Open Air Museum ) - open air museum on the northern outskirts of Copenhagen, Denmark . The museum is located in Lungby on Kongewegen in North Zealand. The museum can be reached directly by bus 184 from Nørreport station in the center of Copenhagen or by train S to Sorgenfri station.
Opened in 1897, he moved to his current location in 1901. It covers an area of 40 hectares and is one of the largest and oldest open-air museums in the world. It is a department of the Danish National Museum, which is engaged in the study of agricultural history.
The museum presents more than 100 rural buildings from 1650-1950. All buildings are original and were moved in parts from their original location, except for the windmill, which is still in its original location. The museum displays rural buildings from all regions of Denmark, including many small and remote Danish islands, including Bornholm and Loesø. Among the buildings is a farmhouse from the island of Loesø, covered with straw algae .
There are also buildings from the Faroe Islands, as well as former Danish possessions of South Schleswig in Germany and Scania and Halland in Sweden . The distribution shows how life has been adapted to regional living conditions and material availability. The collection also presents all social conditions, from the estate to the almshouse, various types of buildings such as farms, mills and workshops, as well as many professions. The museum has six mills, including a postal mill from 1662. Some mills are regularly managed by the Guild of Volunteers.
The museum also has 25 historical gardens and cultural landscapes, as well as livestock of old Danish breeds. The gardens and animals are shown in connection with the socially and geographically relevant buildings.