Holmen Church - a parish church in the center of Copenhagen in Denmark, on a street called Holmens Kanal. Built in 1563 as an anchor smithy, Christian IV transformed it into a naval church. It is known for carrying out the wedding between Margrethe II of Denmark, the current Queen of Denmark and Prince Henrik in 1967. This burial of such notabilities as sea heroes Euel and Tordencheld and composer Niels Wilhelm Gade, and contains works including Bertel Torvaldsen and Karel van Mander.
The appearance of the Holmen church today is very similar to the restoration of 1872, except for the color. The windows are made of transparent glass, mostly iron. The spire is dressed in copper, as a small spire on the roof of the confessional. Church of the Lutheran faith.
Church organ pipe was originally made by Lambert Daniel Castens and installed in 1738, and the facade remains in place today. The present organ dates back to 1956.
The present pulpit was installed in 1662 and was carved by Abel Schroeder and has the natural color of its oak, except for the monograms and crowns of the king and queen, which are gilded. It is the oldest surviving pulpit in Copenhagen and the most richly decorated. It stands from floor to ceiling and depicts Christian history from Moses holding the basket to Jesus Christ.
The oldest font in the church is made of wrought iron and has a height of 117 centimeters (46 inches). In 1756 was installed a white marble font, created by Carl Frederick Stanley in the style of classicism, but it is no longer in the church. The new font of 1872 was made by sculptor Evens to the design of Ludwig Fenger of black marble and sandstone.
The model of the ship Niels Jewel Christianus Quintus hangs from the church ceiling.