The Tune ship is an archaeological find of the grave of the ship from the Vikings (800-1050 AD) in Norway. It was in 1867 on the grave hill of Båthaugen in Rolveso (today Fredrikstad), province of Wiken, and was discovered by archaeologists and historians exhibited by Oluf Rig (1833-1899).
The Viking ship, of which only fragments are preserved, was built according to the dendrochronological definition around 890 A.D. and used around 900 to bury probably the noble Viking. Due to the looting of ancient tombs, the remains of skeletons could not be found and only a few of the burial utensils common to Viking princes were found. In similar burials of Viking ships, such as the B. ship Ladby or the ship Gokstad, horses, dogs, weapons, jewelry and dishes have been restored or proved.
The open wooden boat was about 22 m long and 4.35 m wide, the length of the keel was about 14 m. It was smaller than the long Viking and karfi ships, which were only occasionally sailed. Above the overgrown stiffening ribs of the log and clinker hull eichenbeplankten with wide sides and crossbars was a massive flatbed . The oarsmen used eleven or twelve pairs of oars in fast coastal voyages; due to the low above-ground board, the ship was hardly suitable for the ocean. Except for the base of the mast, no evidence of a rig or former sails has been preserved.
The remains of the Tune are on display at the Viking Ship Museum in Byugdey, Oslo, where the Gokstad and Oseberg ships are also located.