Copper tents are three buildings in Haga Park in Solna municipality. The copper tent forms the northwest end of the pelus, a large, slightly sloping lawn that stretches as far as Brunnswicken. The copper tents were declared state building monuments in 1935.
The copper tents were erected in 1787-1790 according to the drawings of the architect Louis Jean Desprez by order of Gustave III. Desprez also participated in several large and small construction projects in the Haga, including Stora Haga Castle and Stora Stallet. The tents are actually just a background to the east; in the west (back) the buildings have ordinary yellow plaster and wooden facades.
The buildings were designed as housing for equestrian guards. The building material in the tents consists of a decorative painted copper plate, hence the name. The design was reminiscent of Roman military tents and resembles the Watchtower in the Drottningholm castle area, which was erected a few years earlier according to drawings by Carl Fredrik Adelkranz.
Desprez gave the middle tent a prominent role, it is higher and has three entrances. The central entrance is topped by a conical roof with a high sprout at the top. The two tents at the sides (east and west) are slightly lower and have only one entrance. The floor plans of the building were made by Olof Tempelmann.
In 1953, the middle tent burned down due to construction works and was rebuilt in 1962-1964 under the supervision of the castle architect Ragnar Hjort. The plate was then painted green and yellow, which was due to the fact that people got used to the green tent after the green substrate passed through the yellow and blue color that the tent had before the fire.
1977-1978. Segments behind the front of the tent were also built, this time holding the architect Torbjorn Olsson in the enclosure. The Silver Tent was then also set up in the previously open stables. In the interior, the Silver Tent is an innovation with a "tent fabric" of profiled aluminium sheeting and a heated gravel floor. In 1983, the Haga Park Museum was opened on the left side of the middle tent. The eastern copper tent has a courtyard building, which could be visited back in 1912, and the western tent has houses.
The copper tents are painted with linseed oil paint, and in 2009 the Swedish State Property Board repainted all three tents, giving them a cobalt blue main colour that faded a little, restoring their original colour as it looked 220 years ago.