The eastern tombs have been grazing for a long time. There was arable land in the northeast area, which could be monitored since the early 18th century when it belonged to the Wiesborg royal barn.
Today, the arable land is clearly visible just before the roundabout at Norderport. It crosses the road of King Magnus. Outside of Österport, as far back as the 17th century, there were small plots with fields and arable land. They can be followed in cartographic material in the 19th century, when the site began to be built. To the north of Österport there was a Gothic shooting range between 1836 and 1900. The southern part was used as pasture and arable land until the 19th century, when a large area was used as a place for military exercises.
At the end of the 19th century, a large number of trees were planted. Planting of the guild, including a black pine in the northern part of Oestergravn. During the 20th century the area was not grazed, and the old trees gradually disappeared without new planting. Some trees were also removed to open the area. Until the 1980s, the grassy areas were mown and the shrubbery was cleaned. Maintenance measures were then reduced and today, especially the northern part of Ostergravar, has been damaged and re-growed.
Most of the city wall from Norderport south to the southern caponier, Sparbossan, south of Dalman Tower, is built on a rock and closely follows its height. The innermost tomb was created by excavation of a rock consisting of reef lime, which is not suitable as a building material. There are three rather incorrect tombs on the Norderport-Esterport route. Here you couldn't make a second ditch to a great depth. This moat looks like not for excavation from a rock, but to throw material from the inner and outermost tombs into the ramparts. For the third, most distant grave, the conditions were favourable, as the rock was partially destroyed.
To the south of Osterport, the mountain is covered with deposits of moraine marble, gravel and sand. A little south of Osterport, the cliff disappears under the wall and becomes visible first by the tower of the mill. South of Turkokeriet to Söderport, the wall is built on a pebbly beach that covers the cliffs.
Older cartographic material shows two graves on the Österport route in Söderport. There is not much left of the former ramparts and tombs south of Österport. The two outer quays and the embankments have been largely destroyed. The inner grave has also been largely removed. Since the late 19th century, the ramparts and graves have been leveled, especially outside the southern part of Oestergravar. Here is .
the area has been used for some time as a training ground. Also at the southern and eastern gates, at the Kaiser's gate and at the school gate the moat was eliminated. To the south of the Mill Tower at the School Gate the tomb has been preserved to its original depth of 3 metres.
Plans were made to build a bastion in the 18th century. Today the traces of smaller ridges can be seen.