The Historical Museum of the University of Lund, which is part of the University of Lund, is a museum whose exhibition halls are located on Kraft Square in Lund.
In 1735, Kilian Stobyus presented his collection of nature and rarities to the University of Lund. After his death, his extensive collection of coins was bought for the university. In the second half of the 18th century the collection became so large that in 1802 the museum had to move to another building. A few years later, in 1805, the collection was divided so that naturalists came to the Zoological Museum and the Botanical Museum, while ancient finds and ethnographic objects came to the Historical Museum. Parts of Kiliana Stobņu's collection are now on display in the museum's study.
In 1918, the museum moved to the present building in Lundagorda. It was built in 1840-45 and was originally conceived as a bishop's house, but was never used due to disagreements. The architect was Per Axel Nystrem and the building manager Carl Georg Brunius. From 1849 the building housed zoological, chemical and physical institutions of the university. During 1886-1916 the building was used only by the Department of Zoology, and then it was known as a zoological museum. In 1917 the building was completely renovated under the supervision of the architect Theodor Wohlin. The director of the museum at that time was Otto Ridbeck.
The Museum of History at the University of Lund, among other things, has about ten million objects. discoveries from the settlement of Uppokra in the Iron Age, some of which are shown in the exhibition Barbaricum. The museum is responsible for processing archaeological materials from Skåne, with the exception of the city centre of Lund and the municipality of Malmö. The museum also has regional responsibility for church art and coins. In 2008, the museum received the University of Lund Antiques Museum due to the termination of the Antiques Museum.