Fredrikskyrkan Church (Swedish: Fredrikskyrkan) is located in Karlskrona, Blekinga Len, southern Sweden. Situated on the main town square - Stortorget, Fredrikskyrkan Church is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Karlskrona.
Construction of Fredrik's church began on September 9, 1720 as a replacement for a temporary wooden church in the city - the Hedvig Eleanor Church. The first stone of Fredrik's church was laid by the then governor of Salomon von Otter, the foundation wall was completed on 25 August 1721 and the church was consecrated in 1744. Although Crown Prince Adolf Frederick attended the event, the building was named after Frederick I. The spires on the church towers were completed in 1758.
Several restoration works were carried out on the spires of the church towers. One of them was headed by architect Olof Tempelman in 1805-06. Internal restorations were carried out in 1913-15 under the direction of Axel Lindegren, and another one in 1967-68. External restorations were carried out in 1997-98.
Fredrik's Church was built in the Baroque style according to the project of Nicodemus Tessin the Younger. Its towers are a remarkable feature. There is a carillon in the southern tower, as well as 35 bells that were installed in 1967 by the Bergenholz bell foundry in Sigtuna. The clock beats three times a day.
The pulpit of 1854 was designed in neoclassical style by the architect Johann Adolf Havermann; it precedes the altar. The carved wooden baptismal font was presented by the shipbuilder Gilbert Sheldon. The church's silver is stored in a massive safe.
The church's first organ came from Eleanor's Hedwig Church. When the decision was made to purchase a larger and more suitable organ, Lars Wahlberg received a contract to build an organ with 29 stops, 2 manuals and a pedal. When it was completed in 1764, he inserted 34 voices, which were set in motion by six large bellows. In 1905 the Wahlberg organ was replaced by an organ built in Stockholm by Ockerman and Lund Orgelbaggery, and in 1982-87 it was reconstructed by Grönlund Orgelbaggery.